Edenvale Marathon Race Rules
- THIS RACE IS HELD UNDER THE RULES OF THE IAAF, ASA &CGA, AND BY ENTERING THE RACE YOU ACKNOWLEDGE TO ABIDE BY THESE RULES. BY ENTERING THE RACE EACH ATHLETE ACCEPTS THE RESPONSIBILITY TO KNOW AND ABIDE BY THESE RULES AND THE RULES OF THE RACE.
CONTENDERS – THE RACE HAS A CONTENDER SYSTEM:
- This means that runners who are capable of times that could place them on the podium will be seeded at the front of the event.
- Contenders need to register online.
- The table below shows the times required to be a contender based on
- Gender and
- If you meet these requirements and have an official finish in an accurately measured/ timed race, you will be accepted for Contender Status.
RAND ROAD WARRIORS 2020 CONTENDER CRITERIA Men Women Distance 10km 21km 42km 10km 21km 42km Open 40:00 1:23:00 2:56:00 54:00 1:43:00 3:45:00 40-49 47:00 1:26:00 2:56:00 59:00 1:43:00 3:49:00 50-59 57:00 1:43:00 3:25:00 1:04:00 1:58:00 4:10:00 60 plus 1:04:00 1:58:00 3:45:00 1:04:00 ALL ALL Junior 1:01:00 N/A N/A 1:15:00 N/A N/A
- Prizes are only awarded on gun to mat times.
- In applying for Contenders Status you may be required to send previous race results to the organisers. The organisers reserve the right to remove any runner who does not prove their ability over the competed distance.
- Contenders will be required to adhere 100% of the time to 100% of ASA and IAAF rules.
- Runners who fail to provide all requested data on the entry form will forfeit the right to winning any awards – in particular runners entering using a manual system must ensure their details are legible and complete.
- Participants in the Edenvale Marathon, Half Marathon, 10km, Fun Run & related activities (“the event”) acknowledge that although all precautions have been taken by the organising body there may be dangers inherent in participation in the event. Participants voluntarily assume such risks & waive all claims of whatsoever nature and however arsing in relation to the event against any parties, including but not limited to the organising body, sponsors, advertisers, local authorities, directors, employees and suppliers of these parties and any individual, official, marshal or agent (“parties”). Participants irrevocably indemnify the parties against any liability or claims of any nature whatsoever arising (whether directly or indirectly , whether by negligence, albeit gross and/or from involvement in or passage to or from the event) including but not limited to liability or delay, inconvenience, accident, death injury, illness to their person, or loss or damage to property or costs and expenses sustained, incurred or put to by participants and/or by any minor child under the care or control of participants. Parents or guardians authorising a minor’s participation in the event, hereby consent to such minor not being capable of waiving his/her rights as stipulated.
- Cut off time is 12h00
- Marathon runners must pass the corner of First Avenue and Linksfield Road, (approx. 20.2km) before 9:00 am or they will be directed to the finish at the end of the first lap.
- Race Route: The route is the same as the 2019 route (marathon is a double lap).
View route below
- Licensed athletes, belonging to a club affiliated to ASA must wear the 2020 ASA license number on their vest with the top branded section visible both front and back with the Edenvale Marathon number displayed on the front of the vest.
- Temporary licences must be worn on the back of plain clothing.
- Temporary license are available for all distances.
- The 2020 Temporary Licenses fees are available on the web site.
- Foreign athletes must abide by rules as per IAAF and ASA rules.
- Foreign / International athletes need to purchase a foreign temporary license as per ASA rules 2020-2021 and wear the temporary foreign license in accordance with the rules.
- All marshals, traffic officers and officials’ instructions must be obeyed.
- Minimum ages on race day: 42km – 20 years, 21km – 16 year, 10km – 14years.
- ID Tags: Numerical age category tags must be worn on the front & rear of the vest and be clearly visible.In order to win age category awards proof of age must be produced on the day.
- No refund of race entry fees.
- Walkers and wheelchairs are welcome. Wheelchairs must make direct contact with the Race Office before the Marathon for specific start instructions.
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org
- No pets allowed.
- No earphones, iPods, MP3 players, headphones or other electronic devices may be used during the race other than hearing aids. Wearing earphones may result in disqualification. Runners who are disqualified will not be provided with any medal or race hand-out.
- ALL prizes are based on gun to mat times but all runners will be provided with mat to mat timing.
CLUB GAZEBO’S AND MARKETING
- No Ambush advertising or marketing on site.
- Pre-approval is required for all Club Race Gazebo’s.
- Gazebo’s to be set up on Saturday. Email email@example.com
- CLUB GAZEBOS THAT ARRIVE WITHOUT AUTHORISATION MAY BE MOVED OR REFUSED ON THE FINISH FIELD – THERE IS NO APPEAL ON THIS ASPECT AND ORGANISERS DECISION IS FINAL.
- Entrants are required to wear a ChampionChip® ON THEIR SHOE to be eligible for results. “NO CHIP – NO TIME”
- To ensure that you are accurately recorded in the Race Results it is important that you are in possession of your ChampionChip® that is correctly registered in your name. If you do not currently have a ChampionChip® or want to verify that it is correctly registered, this can be done on the Internet at www.championchip.co.za or by contacting ChampionChip® Africa on 0861 100 963.
- ChampionChips® will be on sale at the number collections on Friday Afternoon and Saturday.
- The entries will close on Monday 2nd March or when the combination of all distances including 10km and Fun Run have reached 7000 Runners. No entries will be accepted after that date for any event.
- The overall figure of 7000 has been set for the 2020 event and no extra will be accepted.
- There are 2000 T-shirts for the “Early Bird” online entrants only.
- While every endeavour will be made to supply t-shirts according to your size request, this cannot be guaranteed.